Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful for...

I did not want to do one of those posts that tells you a list of the things that I am thankful for, because honestly, besides my family, and friends, and health, and my home...etc. I would have forgotten a million things, and well really I am thankful for everything I have, everyday, the good, and the bad. I did want to use this post to talk about my dad, because this is the first year without him.
I am thankful for the relationship I had with my daddy, and the time throughout my whole life that I got to spend with him. I was lucky enough to sit in the garage with him almost every night as a pre-teen, and teenager. I am thankful for all the times as a kid he took in the "Big" truck to work with him, and all the times he took me, and my sister hunting. I am thankful to mom for picking me up the time I was a young girl, and begged my dad to take me to the shooting range, and cried as soon as he fired the gun, because it was so loud, and scary. I am thankful for the time my dad took me to work, and I fainted at the lumber yard, so he took me to Burger king to get me french fries, but only let me eat 10 because he did not want me to faint again, (that was the last time he took me to work with him!)
I am thankful for all the love and support my father gave me, and all the things that he taught me.
I am thankful for all the love and support my father gave to my children. and all the things that he taught them. My children were very close to my father, as was I, and this has been a very difficult year for all of us. Remember all things that we are thankful for, and the things that we did with my dad, and all the good times we had, does not make it easier, but it does put a little smile on our faces with the tears.
My father was an amazing person, and really touched our lives more than anyone would ever understand. He was a true hero, and to us he still is. We all miss him so much. With that being said I should add here how thankful I am for my mom, who is a strong woman, and has been the greatest mother, as well. She is also a wonderful grandmother.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone, be thankful for all your moments, good, bad, happy, or sad. They makes us the people that we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment