Pages

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Some Things Really Haven't Changed


Today kids are so different then we were when we were young. But today I noticed something that I thought was really neat.

Lately Zack has become very interested in Greek Mythology, which I find pretty interesting myself. So every night I have been reading about a "God" or "Goddess" to him before bed. Now this has been going on for about a month, and he is still interested.

Today on the way home from the dentist he had told me how he was excited to read about Aphrodite tonight, so that at school tomorrow one of his friends could be Aphrodite. I asked him what he meant, and he told me how there was a group of kids that have been reading about the Greek Mythology and then at recess they pretend that they are either a "god" or "goddess" and act out some of the stories that they have read.

Well seeing that I have recess duty at the school I work at, I see kids the same age as Zack, and they as well pretend that they are "gods" or "goddess" and act out stories.

So at two different schools, and both groups of 5th graders, I realized that they still play like kids and use their imaginations. They are not all about the opposite sex, and Drama. There are still smalls groups that have slipped into our fast paced no time to be a kid world. I thought it was so cool to see, and hear about kids still being kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment