Pages

Monday, November 9, 2009

The End of The Season



The end of the soccer season has come. All though I find this a relief in some ways I also find it a bit upsetting. Yes I was the mother that complained about sitting in the cold, or getting home form work to rush off to soccer, and now I regret that, because what a great way to watch your children grow.

I saw Zack go from the child that would not run, and go near a person that had the ball to the kid that was running down the field with the ball playing offense. He did not score goals, but he certantily did assist in some, and I am so proud of him.

The season did not start out successful, but ended great. We started with the coach form hell, he would scream and holler and a few times even charge the field to yell at the children. I have to say though that I totally understand his frustrations, I would have just handled them a little different, and all though I had issues with him, Zachary totally loved him. After the first teams season ended we went to the next team which was a coed league and he had a different coach, but since the first coach had most of the boys he was the assistant, and by the way a great one at that.


On Saturday the team played a double elimination tournament, and they did great they worked hard, and as a team. I must tell you that they came in 4th place, and to some that may not be good enough, but I am so proud of all the boys and girls that were on that team. What a way to come together and work hard, and shoe that you can do it. Congratulations to all of you. I can't wait until next season.

No comments:

Post a Comment