Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Butter or Margarine?

Jeff said to me the other day that since he is eating healthier we should switch form real butter to margarine or Country Crock. I said no way there are way to many chemicals in that stuff, and I try to feed my children chemical free. So I did some research and here is what I found:
Calories
Butter, 227g= 1620 Margarine 224g=1729
So the fat is less in margarine, however per serving, butter has 1.9g of protein, margarine 0
For butter it says the bad: This food is very high in saturated fat
For margarine it says the bad:This food is high in saturated fat, and this food also contains trans fat.
I think I will stick to butter, but not for all these reasons, but for the fact that butter is a natural food, margarine, or Country Crock is a chemically made food with additives to try to make it healthy, but I will pass of animal fats being melted to spread on my toast, and stick to butter.
By the way the things that I read about margarine I decided not to put here, due to the fact that I did not want to gross people out, but I will say if I had to choose between margarine, and other spreads like that, and melted plastic on my toast, all my free bread would go to waste because I would never make toast, and yes they are very close to the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment