Most of you know that I am going to school. I am currently in a Biology class, and today when reading came to these 7 steps that you can do to "think globally, act locally" and thought that I would share.
1. Become Informed- read, listen, and think critically. Educate yourself on what you can do to help the Earth.
2. Become experienced- go outside, and explore your local environment
3. Communicate- Call or write elected representatives, and see what you can do to change things for your local area.
4.Make your lifestyle consistent with your values, "practice what you preach"
5. Support conservation groups- This does not mean you have to give your money, but you can volunteer, sometimes that is even better than money.
6. Become a professional conservationist- You can take a conservation biology class, and learn some things that you can do to help the environment, even though that will not make you a professional, it will give you some knowledge, and get you one step closer to becoming a professional conservationist.
7. Keep perspective- You alone cannot change the world, but you can make it better where you live, in your lifetime.